THREE PASSENGER JETS IN 12 MINUTES IS JUST THE BEGINNING…..
// STEPS TO TAKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS NOISE
Air Services Australia have released an updated draft community engagement and Terms of Reference PIR Review – we URGENTLY need to continue to provide feedback.
The borders have re-opened, the noise we have been bracing for has begun in EARNEST. Affected residents MUST complain if we are to have any chance of engagement from ASA – below are the steps to take…
PLEASE NOTE – THE STEPS ARE A PROCESS, CAN SEEM DAUNTING, BUT FOLLOW THIS LIST STEP BY STEP AND YOU SHOULD GET THERE 🙂
FIRST STEP – RECORD THE TIME AND DATE OF THE FLIGHT AS YOU HEAR IT ( I USE THE NOTES APP ON MY PHONE TO LOG THEM AS THEY GO OVER THE ROOF, CHOPPERS, SMALL PLANES, PASSENGER JETS )
- Log onto www.airservicesaustralia.com; then “WebTrak” ( third button under big banner and launch WebTrak for the “Sunshine Coast”.
- Go to “History”, bottom left hand corner of the page. Click the history – see arrow.
- Set the Date and Time a few minutes before the event happened. Monitor the map (you can speed up elapsed time by clicking on the “1x” box at the bottom).
- Your offending aircraft should appear. Left click on the plane symbol and it will reveal a blue box with Flight ID, Aircraft Type, Origin and Altitude (if its is going to fast for you, pause it and reset the elapsed time speed).
- Now you can make your complaint. In the box attached to the plane, left click on the left blue cloud to “Report Aircraft”. The arrow head is right over the icon you need to click to complain. The page to formulate your complaint will be generated for you to complete and submit.
- ASA will email a copy of your complaint to you.
“WebTrak” provides a map of the SCA area which lags real time by about 30mins (so its best to access it at least an hour, or so, after the noise event).
“WebTrak” holds data in the public domain for 4 months, so there is no need to rush.
REGISTER COMPLAINTS ABOUT AIRCRAFT NOISE
QUICK LINKS TO COMPLAIN ARE BELOW
You can lodge a non-specific or a specific complaint about a particular aircraft noise event or flight.
Every time you experience aircraft noise COMPLAIN! We need to keep up the pressure and complain via THREE channels –
1. Air Services Australia
2. Sunshine Coast Airport
3. Send a copy to FLIGHT PATH FORUM for our records
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK FOR HEAPS MORE RECENT DEVELOPMENTS. https://flightpathforum.org.au/ASACommunityMeeting.html
FLIGHT RADAR 24 APP
You download the flightradar24 to your smartphone,
It provides real time information about aircraft in flight and enables you to locate an aircraft on a map (over your suburb for example) and view details such as the type of aircraft (passenger jet, helicopter or other), the current altitude of the aircraft and the name of the airline or owner operator.
The map will also show the flight path route, so you can check whether the noise event is as a result of an arrival or departure into/out of Sunshine Coast Airport or an en route aircraft to/from Brisbane.
FLIGHT PATH FIGHT
Sign up for WeeklyUpdates
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
STAY IN THE LOOP
receive the latest updates
We will not share your info with third parties.
Please check your junk if you don't hear from us.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
“omg!! Are they kidding!! This aircraft woke my entire family up last night!! This can’t be legal”” via facebook